This website uses anonymous cookies to optimize your user experience and for the analysis of our website. These cookies are required and cannot be turned off. When playing YouTube videos, cookies from third parties will be placed. These can be turned off.
Immer builds the best reading technology to help more people read more
Book reading is declining, as people find it harder and less enjoyable to read.
To younger generations, it’s just not appealing.
This is a big problem as reading is an essential skill with many positive effects.
Digital reading has not evolved along with our devices and media.
Immer creates the world’s best phone reading experience:
- Text looks and feels amazing, for quick focus and deep immersion
- Our reading tools increase comprehension and recollection
- Groups and goals make reading part of people’s (social) lives
Our all-in-one reading product runs on unique technology:
- We tailor any long-form text to any device and preference automatically, using text analysis
- Reading styles and tools are configured depending on the audience
- We process content catalogs at scale and provide actionable usage insights
Our B2B customers are in the business of reading.
Who? Professional and academic publishers, reading platforms, and library and education service providers.
By offering the best reading experience they increase how much their customers read and spend.
Our long-term vision
Immer’s mission is to be a profitable and social company, building the best reading technology to help more people read more:
- Dramatically improve phone reading for existing phone readers
- Convince traditional readers that mobile is a viable format
- Attract non-readers by turning phone reading into a new medium, aiding SDG 4
We're the right team for the job
- Niels (CEO) is writer of novels & games, researching digital reading since 2013
- Lennart (CTO) is designer and developer, shipping apps since 2008
- Together: 4 decades of entrepreneurship
- Joined by 2 engineers, 3 creatives, 2 marketeers
Immer’s proven value
- User and technical validation: Test app with 10k readers in The Netherlands, 50k books from 30 publishing partners
- Scientific validation: Design solutions shown to improve reading experience in joint study with Radboud University
- Industry validation: Renew the Book Innovation Award 2021, ContentShift Accelerator 2022 finalist
- So far: Raised € 600k with 20 angels from the world of tech, business and culture
- Now: € 250k angel round to develop B2B business (engineering & sales)